Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shot Puke and Laughs!


Today we headed over to good ole Walgreens to get the family ready for flu season. What we thought would be a quick stop ended up NOT! Dan and Kennedy both got their shots, but when Noah got up he started having a slight FREAK OUT session! Kennedy being the great big sis she is held him down while our friend Kim (super pharmacist) proceeded to give him his shot! Yeah...our boys are brave. After a few minutes went by Dan looked over at Kennedy and she was green, sweaty and puking all over the floor! Uhh...not good! Dan calls me to fill me in and Kim saved the day by sending us over to Urgent Care to get her checked out! She ended up being just fine. She is one in a million that has a reaction...What do you do? I went back to Walgreens to get my shot. We chatted it up with Kim and laughed for a good 20 min. She is too fun! Thanks Kim!
Ohhhhhhh what a Saturday!

10 comments:

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

Oh man... I'm so sorry!

I hope it's okay that I laughed too, though... because come on, that's a little funny.

jksfam said...

Oh no! Is it a lingering reaction or a one-time thing? Will she be suseptible to it with other flu vaccines? Yeah for Kim! (Or maybe it was her fault...) ;)

The Dixon Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dixon Family said...

THIS is why we don't do flu shots.

Thanks for validating my point.

Love ya.

The Grapers said...

Good times? I don't think so, but hey, I settled down enough that I could finally eat at 7 that night. What a crazy crazy day! Thanks for being my guinea pig Kennedy! You are my one in at least 1,000 shots (that I have given) that reacted that way.

Unknown said...

Hey Jess! I had no idea you guys were moving to Texas!! When do you move? What an exciting adventure! You're kiddos are as cute as ever and growing up so fast!

Jamie said...

Oh wow that story has me second guessing my appt. to get my flu shot tomorrow. Poor Kennedy that is just awful! Bet she'll never get one of those nasty shots again!

THE CHILSON CLAN said...

OK so spill the beans-Texas??

Mindy Williams said...

Hasn't anyone ever told you about the joys of the flu mist? No one had told me until AFTER I took my 3 kids by myself last year for shots and Jake literally went running down the hall and I heard myself say, "Stop that kid." with Rachel and Anna in my arms and my overweight self trying to chase him. I digress....we did the flu mist this year and the kids were actually laughing at the stuff going thru their boogers. I'm just sayin, maybe Kennedy can try that next time. But then again, you can just blame Kim! Ha Ha Ha.

And ditto, wth going to Texas? I don't think you are allowed. sorry. nice try.

Karen said...

Dear Jessica,

I am mad as heck at you.

Love,

Karen