Monday, September 28, 2009

Get your dancin' shoes on!



Kennedy had her first dance on Saturday. ( I know right? sniff sniff) She had a blast! Everyone (especially Dan and Rylee) teased her about dancing with boys. Now, every time Rylee sees Kennedy talking with her friends, she yells and teases her about dancing with boys.
Ooohhhh!!!
Man I was a dancin queen back in the day! I lived for weekend Stake Dances! My friends and I rocked every one we could find! Our Stake and any Stake that would let us in the door! Woot Woot! Remember "Dance Cards"? Whatever happened to those? I still remember trying to dance with every single guy in the room before the last song was over! Just to say I did! I have stories that would knock your socks off! (or maybe I am exaggerating a smidge!) Those were the days...
All I know is that my baby girl is growing up!

5 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

I told Ben that Kenner's went to her first stake dance and his response was . . . "awkward time of life". Which makes me laugh after your comment about dominating the dance floor. You were at the same dance, yet very different perspectives. He said you never rocked with him, good thing seeing how he married me, YOUR SISTER.

My advice: DON'T KISS BOYS WHO LOOK LIKE GORILLAS IN THE PARKING LOT!!! YOU JUST MIGHT THROW UP IN THE BATHROOM. TRUE STORY!

The Grapers said...

You can now live those days through Kennedy, that what mom's with daughters do right? I would, if I had one. :)

The Dixon Family said...

I'm sure she appreciates you posting those lovely pictures of her . . .

Dang. She's cute.

Jackie said...

I hope you're also teaching her kung-fu moves so she can ward off any boys. It should be standard dance prep.

Baker Family said...

Why don't I remember the stake dances the same way? Ha Ha!!