Friday, September 4, 2009

And so it begins...the second chapter!

Over 15 years ago...my fabulous husband started working for his Dad at "Mortensen Oil". We didn't know that all these years later we would buy the business from his Dad, grow it like crazy and end up selling it. Whoa?! Danny put blood, sweat and tears into his company! Today was his "official" last day after working for the new owner for a year! I picked him up from work, said goodbye to his car and headed to lunch. I cried and he made phone calls. Sigh...what do you do?

Well, hun, thanks for working your butt off and for all the sacrifices! We sure love you and are SUPER proud of you!

Now onto the second chapter of your story...
hope it ROCKS!

These are some of his favorite employees! His dad and his sister-in-law! Hee Hee! He designed this logo and LOVES it! He is such a nerd! Gotta love him!

It started out Mortensen Oil, then he bought out another company and renamed it Alta Fuels and now onto JDlogic! What will this man think of next?

8 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

kinda happy, kinda sad, good luck on the next adventure. you'll rock at whatever you do.

Dotti said...

What an adorable family you have. What are you going to do now, with your hubby out of work? Sounds like fun to me.

Jackie said...

On to the next adventure!

CYD said...

holy cow! you rock dan!!!

Meredith Haag said...

That's hard to say goodbye to something you've devoted your life to for so long! Bitter Sweet I'm sure!

Mindy Williams said...

Um, so you better watch a lot of t.v. or you'll end up with another one on the way to join that baby makin farm of yours! I'm just sayin, with a husband home so much now....you better watch out! Ha. Congrats Dan! (and Jess too--we all know what a good woman it takes behind the scenes)

The Grapers said...

Wow, I didn't realize Dan was at retirement age. I knew he was close, I just didn't know how close he was. Congrats to both of you.

Vern said...

I'm witholding all the "Congrats" talk until I hear some more specific details on that whole "what will the man think of next?" thing.