Thursday, January 3, 2008

Horace LeGrande Lewis 1917-2007



I just wanted to write down a few things I will always remember about my Grandpa! He was an amazing person and taught some pretty wonderful things. I am so lucky to have had him for my Grandfather!

He would eat an avacado like an apple!

He was an amazing waterskiier! (taught us all how to ski)

He made everything including his house, boats, campers and many toys for the kids. (loved the kids table he made for our playroom -made lots of memories playing with the things he made for us)

He had a beautiful yard/garden that we loved to play in and snack in!

We would sit on his porch on the swing he made and throw our heads back and listen to the birds sing and talk about everything!

We would play thumb war and he would win everytime no matter what I did. It would make him laugh and I loved to hear him laugh. His eyes would sparkle when he did.

I love you Grandpa and hope you are enjoying Heaven! Can you waterski there?

Thanks for Everything!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I loved the thumb war memory... I'd forgotten about that! Even in his old age the man schooled me every time. :)

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

We were all soooo fortuanate to have such GREAT grandparents!! He is a wonderful man who loved his family--all of us.

FYI, Grandpa Maron made the playroom table, but Grandpa LeGrande made the slide.

From one grateful, fortunate, and loved grandchild to another.

Gomez said...

Hey Jess! He sounds amazing and like he was so much fun. I am so sorry, but you have some wonderful memories.

Love ya!

CYD said...

Oh man I'd forgotten about the avocados. I remember the first time he did it at Lake Powell I was disgusted, and now I eat them the same way!