Saturday, April 21, 2007

Garage Sale!

Well we had a HUGE garage sale to day and it was a success!!!! I love getting rid of old crap that you were just going to toss anyway. We started putting stuff out around 6:30 and had sold a ton by 7:00! How crazy is that? The kids thought it was a blast. Kennedy was in charge of money and did an excellent job. Noah and the little ones were good at telling people how much things were even if they hadn't asked. We were trying to get rid of our trampoline and had it in the front yard and now the kids think we should just leave it there for them. Whatever!
One Spanish family came at the very end and I gave them baskets of clothes and shoes and they just couldn't believe someone would give it to them for free. They kept trying to pay me a dollar. I just laughed and told them to go. Where is my Spanish speaking husband when you need him? All in all we had a great sale and were only left with the stupid rabbit cage, a stroller and our crib. Dan says it is a sign...I told him to get his mind out of the gutter!

3 comments:

CYD said...

I am so proud. I love a good successful garage sale. Wish I could have helped!!!

Anonymous said...

Cyd would have bought all your stuff for next to nothing, or nothing at all, taken it home, put it on Craig's list and become a millionaire!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.