Saturday, February 26, 2011

Uhh...he made bread from SCRATCH?!!!


I left one night for a Youth Temple trip and was gone for about 3 hours.  When I came home I was tired and hungry...aaaaaaand I smelled something amazing as I walked in the door!  My sweet hubby had something in the oven.  He decided about a year ago he likes to cook and makes some yummy things, but this knocked my socks off!  He went to our food storage and opened up the wheat...ground it down in to flour, made the dough, raised it and cooked it!  He jumped up when I walked in and cut me a piece and slapped some butter on it for me.  
I was almost too stunned to eat it!  
(sorry no pictures of the final product-it's in my belly)
Amazing Dan strikes again!
Who knew...now what else can you make?

5 comments:

Vern said...

He ground his own WHEAT? I am seriously impressed.

the meyersons said...

Looks like I'm the first to say it...
DAN...you're so cool!

Karen said...

I've shown Zack this post.


Six times.

Jackie said...

What the WHAT?!

He's more Martha Stewart than I am, and I'm jealous.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Way to go Idaho!! Very impressed. Ben loves the grinding of the wheat part. There is a motor involved. My boys will do anything if there is a motor involved.