Friday, September 19, 2008

My last 24 hours...



Got up about 4 times with the baby in the night.
Made a list of 13 things that NEED to get done.
Fed the baby, changed a poop and snuggled.
Got my kiddos off to school.
Made my bed (I know a real shocker)
Walked past a pile on my counter, oh about 10 times - I will get to it this month.
Fed the baby, changed a poop and snuggled.
Picked Luke up from school.
Remembered I never ate breakfast or lunch so I ate chocolate covered cinnamon bears instead.
Dusted the house (ohhhhh curse you pile of dirt next door)
Talked on the phone and looked at my list again.  One down 12 to go.
Fed the baby, changed a poop and another and another and snuggled. (this kid will be a moose)
Kids came home and Noah told me to take a nap.  (9 years old and he knows me all to well)
Unmade my side of the bed and had a glorious 30 min. nap.
Got a call from Dan who was on his way home from Sante Fe - bad news - migraine!!
Talked him into staying in a hotel to sleep it off.  (Sigh...secretly hoping he would get up with the baby last night - dang!!!)
Fed the baby, changed a diaper and passed her onto Kennedy! (why do I hear music)
Kennedy had me take a tiny nap while the kids watched Hercules.
Wait...we need dinner!  Everyone come down for waffles and eggs!  Call me Martha!
Finished our movie and slowly kids dropped like flies and I carried them to bed!
Checked on poor Danny boy - not good!
Washed my face and brushed my teeth.
Looked at my list again and you know what - lists suck!
Topped the baby off and prayed for more than 3 1/2 hours of sleep.  (she must of heard my prayer because I swear she cackled)
2 hours later she was starving.  Sigh...

What have you done in the last 24 hours?   

7 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Oh Jess. I'm sorry. It's good that you're superwoman . . .

I think Lukers and Riley should come over and play this week . . .

Meredith Haag said...

Oh...It's all coming back to me! It's such a fun time to have a baby, but soooooo ever living exhausting! It's a good thing they're cute right?!

The Knight Family said...

It's a good thing Reagan is so darn cute........

the meyersons said...

Um, I slept like 9 hours last night.

I did wake up and slug my husband forty times and tell him to roll over.

Sounds like a lawn mower, and I don't mean a new lawnmower. I'm thinking runs on diesel.

I do hope Danielson is better now.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Oh, I feel your pain!!!! I told Ben I was going to check into a hotel and sleep for as long as I wanted and NOT wake up to a cry. I have woke up to crying for almost 2 years straight. What I would give to not wake up to crying.

But oh, they're so cute.

"Good thing they're cute!"

CYD said...

That just made me tired. I think I need a chocolate chip bran muffin...

Dransfield Diaries said...

Do you want me to have Luke over next Friday so that you can sleep all day? Seriously, let me know. Tyler would love to have Luke come over. I remember those sleepless nights. Yikes!