Thursday, May 22, 2008

Night at the Museum!

So Noah's school did something FABULOUS!!! All the third graders had the adventure of a lifetime last night!  They spent the night in the Denver Museum of Nature and Science!!  How cool is that?  He came home today just beaming and I couldn't be happier for him.  I had a hard time sending him, but knew this was right up his alley!  He will probably grow up to be like my Uncle Lee or something!  He loves to tell us about space and our earth.  This kid cracks me up!  Here are a few highlights he told us about.

We slept on the floor in the North America animal section
Had a late night snack and didn't go to bed until 11:00
Spent time in the space observatory and said he blew up the earth (hello!)
Woke up and had breakfast
Saw an IMAX movie in the museum
Spent the rest of the day at the Zoo (our zoo is next door to the museum)

He had a blast and told me next time I should go, but after seeing his teacher today with a glazed look in her eye - I am not sure about that.  I talked to a few parents and when I asked if they got any sleep they just laughed.  A few kids with nightmares and a few kids talking in their sleep... so not a restful trip I guess.  Noah told me that he slept really good and was one of the last to wake up.  Just like his dad...can sleep anywhere!
I wish I had sent a camera with him so we could see what he saw and enjoyed, but I was worried he would lose it.  He just told me that we should probably go to the museum today so maybe he could check for his jacket in the lost and found.  Sigh...somehow I knew that would happen.  Good thing I sent one that is almost too small.  Gotta love this kid!

5 comments:

Meredith Haag said...

um.... I think you posted this while talking to me on the phone! You are one talented Lady! Well you know I just love that Noah! Isn't he a cutie?! And on a lighter note.... I just found that foot mask! And since you can't tell when I'm calling you.... call me and I'll bring it ova! And tell Noah I think he's the sweetest 9 year old in the WHOLE world! doo da doo!

Jackie said...

That is so cool!!! I'm glad you loved it, Noah. You'll have to tell us about it soon.

Kellie said...

HOw cool! I would soooooo be sleeping over that's for sure!

jksfam said...

Sounds like a great time for Noah! It's a good thing you didn't send the camera! Hopefully the "I didn't get enough sleep" grouchies don't come, either!

CYD said...

I am so jealous! That sounds so cool. Your kids are doing the funnest things since moving to Denver!