Thursday, August 30, 2007

Oh these darn kids...

So........school is underway and life is getting organized once again. I love a schedule! I love 8:30 bedtime and I love spending alone time with Lukers!
Kennedy is loving 6th grade. She has 7 classes to make it thru during the day and about a million pound backpack to carry around. She loves her technology class and her science class. Math is still in the works because they have her in the wrong class. She started track last week and LOVES it! She tried the hurdles and found it exciting. She wants to pursue that a bit. I will have to post pics of her first meet.
Noah is "into" 3rd grade as he says. He loves his teacher (Mrs. Kennedy) and enjoys lunch. Sigh...he gives us 30 minute updates on recess and who he played with and what they played. He really likes art and informed me that he doesn't like to sing anymore in music. When I asked him why he just looked at me like I was some type of alien life form. Okay...so I am not cool I get it already! Geez...
Rylee started out rough this year. For those of you that know Rylee she is very VERY independent. But...she cried everyday before school. What? We had a rough couple of weeks, but now she is fine. She wakes herself up and is ready to go now. (kids always have 2 weeks to get used to a schedule don't you think). She has made new friends and loves her teacher. She did tell me no more dresses to school. Uh...well crap. She has a million this year. She also told me that I need to send better snacks for her class because another kid brought chocolate. (whatever~we aren't suppose too so there. i am following the rules rylee~gosh)
Luke is my buddy still. He and I enjoy the quiet time before Rylee gets home in the afternoon. He likes to go shopping (especially with Dan to Target~gee I wonder why). He loves playgroup and eating snacks. He is talking sooooooooooo well and it catches us off gaurd sometimes. He told me yesterday as he walked into the kitchen, "Mom don't watch me okay"? So I closed my eyes and he opened the pantry door and got a cookie out and stuck it in his pocket. He said, "Okay you can look now, I didn't get any cookies". Oh man...
Well, that wraps it up with the kiddos. Things are great and we hope they are for you all too!

3 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

It's about time you left an update. I'm so glad everyone is doing well. We have 5 more days to go . . . I can not wait!!! We need order around here. Lookin' forward to Turkey day. Love, Stace

Anonymous said...

Ry, Ken, Noah, Luker you don't have to go to school at my house. You can run amuck and eat as many cookies as you want.

Come see your Aunt Jenny.

Jackie said...

Love these kids!!

Ken--You're certainly built to be a track star, but don't hit your shins on the hurdles... that is my worst nightmare (that and being buried alive).

Noah--what do you play at recess? i used to be awesome at wall ball... i'll have to challenge you to a game at Thanksgiving!

Ry--I never liked the first day of school either! It gets better once you're in college. :)

Noah--I'm going to take some notes from you on how to score extra cookies! You are such a fun boy.